SUBMITTED — The 2017 Photo Contest deadline for submissions will be Oct. 16. The Weeks Bay Photo Contest has been a huge part of our community outreach for the last 17 years. With such amazing natural resources throughout our area, it makes sense to have a photo contest that focuses exclusively on wonders of coastal Alabama.
Photos may be Color or Black & White and entered in the following categories:
• Flora: plants, trees, shrubs, flowers, etc.
• Fauna: animals, insects, fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals, etc.
• Habitat: outdoor scene or landscape.
• People in Nature (PIN): people recreating or enjoying their coastal resources.
This year, all photos must be submitted digitally. But don’t worry, it’s easy! Here are the 4 simple steps to entering a photo:
Take an awesome photo in one of our four categories listed above. Visit our website or Facebook page. Click on the link to buy a ticket on Eventbrite for each photo. The adult entry fee per photo is $5 and you can enter 2 photos in each category. Entry for participants 16 and under is FREE.
Once you receive your confirmation email, forward that email to email@example.com with your photo attached.
Winners will be notified via email and required to submit a high-resolution version of their winning shot. The adult and junior first place winners receive cash prizes, with a grand prize of $100.00 for the best overall shot. All other adult and junior placing photographers will receive Foundation merchandise. All placing photos will receive a ribbon.
Our only rules for submitting photos are:
• Photos were taken by the artist whose name is on the registration.
• Photos were taken in an Alabama Gulf Coast watershed or coastal waters.
• Photos were taken between October 19, 2016 and October 24, 2017
• Photographers grant permission to the Weeks Bay Foundation to use the photo in any way it deems appropriate. However, the photographer also retains the right to use the photo.
• Photographers have the permission of any recognizable people in their photos to use their likeness.
This page is available to subscribers. Click here to sign in or get access.
It looks like you are opening this page from the Facebook App. This article needs to be opened in the browser.
iOS: Tap the three dots in the top right, then tap on "Open in Safari".
Android: Tap the Settings icon (it looks like three horizontal lines), then tap App Settings, then toggle the "Open links externally" setting to On (it should turn from gray to blue).