Photos | Orthopaedic specialists Milton A. Wallace Jr., M.D., and Joseph F. McGowin III, M.D., are retiring from The Orthopaedic Group P.C.
Frios gourmet pops, a franchise based in Mobile, has flipped around some of its internal team members to better serve franchisees.
Frios gourmet pops, which started out of a garage in Gadsden, Alabama, is experiencing rapid growth with over 50 locations across the nation.
After transitioning from storefronts to a mobile concept, the brand has expanded the role of Marketing Director Joseph Vogtner to keep pace with the operational needs of franchise partners. Vogtner has been awarded the title of “Sorcerer of Sweet Rides” in an effort to continue propelling the brand’s national expansion.
A lifelong resident of Mobile and a proud alumnus of the University of South Alabama with a degree in marketing management, Vogtner joined the Frios team in January 2020. Vogtner’s previous agency experience, knack for consumer behavior and knowledge of analytics have positioned him perfectly to assist in the operational development of the Frios brand.
“Our corporate team’s belief in the Frios concept is contagious and I love the direction we are headed as a brand,” Vogtner said. “With the responsibilities of my marketing director role, aka Sorcerer of Sweet Rides, it is my goal to support each and every one of our franchisees, helping them get the attention they deserve in their local communities. My belief is that through growing the individual businesses of our franchisees and keeping them on the road, it will lead to the overall growth of our brand as a whole.”
As the Sorcerer of Sweet Rides, Vogtner’s responsibilities include the maintenance and upkeep of all brand vehicles, as well as playing a key role in the management of the Frios website and SEO optimization for both the corporate and franchisee ends of the brand.
“Joseph is not only a strong marketer … This promotion will give him some great crossover into our operations,” Frios Chief Creative Officer Ingrid Schneider said. “He has a big job and plays a vital role in keeping our business literally on the road. His responsibilities are so important to the daily operations of our brand, from analytics to marketing and coordination of our van builds. He ensures that our sweet rides are always operating perfectly.”
Franchising since 2018, Frios gourmet pops sells “happiness” and pops for a living, spreading joy in 12 states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and West Virginia.
Frios prides itself on having an array of flavors available each month that can satisfy any craving, dietary restriction or preference. There are also many types of pops — creamy, fruity, no sugar added, gluten free, dye free and vegan. For those concerned about allergies, there are also nut-free, wheat-free, soy-free and dairy-free pops. Some flavors include cookies and cream, blue raspberry, strawberry mango and birthday cake.
BUSINESS NEWS, MOVES & TRANSACTIONS
- A warehouse building with approximately 3 acres of property at 18955 Third St. (Highway 45) in Citronelle was recently sold for $152,000. The buyer intends to use the land for inflatable jump houses and slides. James Henderson with Realty Executives Bay Group represented the seller, while Paul Henderson of Realty Executives Bay Group represented the buyer.
- Dollar Tree is now hiring full- and part-time management, cashiers, stockers and associates for a new location at 25297 Hwy. 98 in Daphne. Interviews are taking place Monday through Wednesday at the Daphne store on Highway 90. Applicants can also go online at dollartree.com. Construction is underway at the site.
- The city of Saraland announced it is under contract to purchase 90 acres behind Fire Station 3 on Celeste Road to construct Saraland’s new sports complex. This will connect to a city-owned 20 acres that, when combined with the newly-acquired 90 acres, will make a 110-acre facility. More than 1,400 children play recreation sports each year in Saraland. The project is still in the initial phases, and design and planning will begin soon.
- The Original Oyster House has named its employees of the year. Margaret King, a long-time front-of-the-house lead server, and James Collier, a back-of-the-house line cook, prep and dishwasher, were named the 2021 Employees of the Year for the Mobile Causeway location. Eliza McGaster, a back-of-the-house kitchen lead (and second-time winner), and Rebecca Ruling, a front-of-the-house cashier, bartender and host, were named the 2021 Employees of the Year for the Gulf Shores location.
- Congratulations to Bar-B-Quing with My Honey, which opened a second location at 2617 Dauphin St. The original location is at 1880 Airport Blvd., Suite A, in Mobile. In addition to an array of barbecue items, the restaurant also serves a seafood dinner, chicken and Southern, home-style sides like candied yams, okra and mac and cheese.
- “Eggs & Issues: State of the Cities” is set to take place 7:30-9 a.m. on Jan. 12 at the Daphne United Methodist Church, 2401 Main St. For more information or to reserve your spot, call the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce at 251-928-6387.
- After a combined 64 years in practice, orthopaedic specialists Milton A. Wallace Jr., M.D., and Joseph F. McGowin III, M.D., are retiring from The Orthopaedic Group P.C. Dr. Wallace graduated from the University of South Alabama with a bachelor’s degree in biology and received his medical degree from the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine. He completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Alabama at Birmingham hospitals and clinics. He joined The Orthopaedic Group on Jan. 1, 1986, specializing in joint replacement of the hip and knee. Dr. McGowin is a Mobile native who graduated from the University of Virginia with a bachelor of science degree. He received his medical degree from the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine. He completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at South Alabama. He joined The Orthopaedic Group on May 8, 1992, specializing in shoulder and knee surgery, as well as in sports medicine care.
This page is available to our subscribers. Join us right now to get the latest local news from local reporters for local readers.
The best deal is found by clicking here. Click here right now to find out more. Check it out.
Already a member of the Lagniappe family? Sign in by clicking here