Popular morning show anchor Kelly Jones gave WPMI her final “good morning” last week, making good on her decision to leave the station when her latest contract expired.

Jones tweeted a farewell to her viewers and coworkers last Friday.

“For the last 3 years I have had the absolute honor of wishing you a ‘good morning’ on #Local15Today as your morning anchor. Today is my last day at Local 15 NBC News, WPMI Mobile. I very much appreciate you welcoming me into your homes and for all of your support,” she wrote. “To my bosses, I appreciate you valuing my 17 years in the news business, my international experience and my leadership skills I brought to our newsroom and to our team….thank you! Darwin and Kelly, I have enjoyed sharing the news desk with both of you each morning…thank you!”

Jones also thanked the behind-the-scenes crew at WPMI and said the week ahead would bring at least one exciting new experience.

“Next week I will, for the first time in my children’s lives, they are 11&12, be able to take them to school and they are looking forward to it, just as much as their mom,” she tweeted.

Jones has said it is her intention to remain in Mobile and to stay in broadcasting. At this point she has not announced a new position.

Jones came to WPMI-TV from KCTV in Kansas City in 2013, where she worked as a morning/noon anchor as well as hosting “KC Zoo Show.” She also has worked at KFMB in San Diego, California, and KYMA in Yuma, Arizona. Other aspects of her career include three years as a United States diplomat in Tirana, Albania, and Brussels, Belgium. In 2007 she also became the first civilian Family Readiness Officer in the U.S. Marine Corps’ 232-year history.

Judge says jury photo out of order
While overseeing the murder trial of Hiawatha Robinson, who is accused of brutally murdering his own 8-year-old daughter, Mobile County Circuit Court Judge Charles Graddick also found himself having to deal with a media issue last week.

On Aug. 29, al.com reporter Prescotte Stokes III filed a report from the trial and included a photo of the courtroom and a witness on the stand. Unfortunately the photo also included several of the jurors who will be deciding Robinson’s fate.

It has long been a standard of reporting that media should not report a juror’s name or publish their photos during the course of a trial. In some instances reporters who have violated this rule have even been barred from the remainder of a trial. But nothing that serious befell Stokes.

“It was called to my attention,” Graddick said of the photo. “I warned the al.com reporter that publishing jurors’ photos was not acceptable and not allowed. He seemed very remorseful. He apologized and said it was inadvertent and totally unintentional, a big mistake. I believe him and don’t think it will happen again.”

When reached for comment, al.com managing producer Jeremy Gray said they would have no comment on the matter.

The photo remained online as of Tuesday morning.