The Leinkauf Historic District Neighborhood Organization will be raising funds for Leinkauf Elementary School at its Scholastic Book Fair March 7-11. Forty percent of the funds raised during the book fair, which is open to the public all week, goes toward books for the school.
This high poverty school is currently very much in need of books for its classrooms and library. In addition to funds raised during the fair, our neighborhood association has pledged an additional $1,000 for books plus an additional $1,500 gift provided by the association.
The Book Fair is part of Leinkauf History Month which will be announced in a proclamation at the Mobile City Council meeting March 1. Other events in celebration of Leinkauf History Month include the following:
• Leinkauf Architectural Walking Tour on Saturday, March 5 (conducted by Mobile historian Cart Blackwell),
• Leinkauf Elementary Scholastic Book Fair Fundraiser (March 7-11)
• 47th Annual Mobile Historical Homes Tour (March 11 and 12)
• Friends of the Magnolia Cemetery Tour (Saturday, March 12, 10 a.m.)
• Organ Recital at First Christian Church in Leinkauf (to be held Friday, March 11, at 4:15 p.m., ree to the public)
• Antique Auto Show during the Homes Tour
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page is available to subscribers. Click here to sign in or get access.
It looks like you are opening this page from the Facebook App. This article needs to be opened in the browser.
iOS: Tap the three dots in the top right, then tap on "Open in Safari".
Android: Tap the Settings icon (it looks like three horizontal lines), then tap App Settings, then toggle the "Open links externally" setting to On (it should turn from gray to blue).