Mobile’s homegrown home improvement guru Danny Lipford, announced Tuesday that he was making a gift of $250,000 worth of media to help Mobile’s tourism efforts.
Lipford is the creator and star of the nationally syndicated “Today’s Homeowner” TV show, which has produced more than 500 episodes in the Mobile area. His gift to the city will provide $250,000 worth of advertising assets and inventory to help the city’s tourism efforts and was announced at Tuesday’s City Council meeting.
“I have always wanted to do something to encourage people to visit Mobile,” Lipford said. “Every time we bring people in town for business and video projects, they are blown away by all that Mobile has to offer. Plus, it’s where I’ve built my businesses and raised my family. I am very proud of our town!”
Mobile Mayor Sandy Stimpson lauded Lipford’s generosity and desire to help market Mobile to his viewers around the country.
“Danny’s media gift to the city of Mobile is a significant investment into his hometown and a great example of the impact citizens can make when they find a place to join in the momentum of our city,” Stimpson said. “Danny has already been a great ambassador to the city of Mobile and we are tremendously grateful for this gift, which will promote our city to a national audience and make a significant impact on bringing visitors to see all Mobile has to offer.”
The gift includes:
- Production of a 30-second national broadcast-quality TV commercial touting the benefits of visiting Mobile.
- National TV ad inventory airing at least30 times on “Today’s Homeowner with DannyLipford” TV show, reaching 2+ million viewers each week.
- Production of two 30-second radio commercials.
- National radio inventory airing a minimum of 52 times on the “Today’s Homeowner withDanny Lipford” radio show, reaching 362,000+ listeners each week.
- Video and audio assets provided to the city of Mobile for additional promotional use.
- At least 16 episodes of “Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford” TV show will be filmed inMobileduring 2022. Danny will mention the location in the majority of these shows.
Lipford has been in Mobile since 1975, when he matriculated to the University of South Alabama. Three years later he started his remodeling business, Lipford Construction, and in 1988 began a local cable access TV show to promote that business. It has since grown into a nationally recognized media company, Today’s Homeowner.
This page is available to our subscribers. Join us right now to get the latest local news from local reporters for local readers.
The best deal is found by clicking here. Click here right now to find out more. Check it out.
Already a member of the Lagniappe family? Sign in by clicking here