BE PART OF A FORCE BIGGER THAN YOU. Help make the city of Mobile the safest city in America with respect for everyone. Apply to become a police officer.
Begin your career in law enforcement at the Mobile Police Department. Gain work experience as a patrol officer and later choose to work in a specialized position based upon your qualifications.
Once hired, you receive 13 weeks of paid training to prepare you to become a police officer on a metropolitan police force.
The Mobile Police Department offers –
• A family-friendly work schedule: Mobile police officers work 12-hour shifts allowing them to receive a three-day weekend every two weeks.
• Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance
• 12 paid holidays each year
• 10 days annual vacation
• 10 days paid annual sick leave
• Police/Fire Pension Fund
• Paid life insurance
• Employee credit union
• Other benefits include take home vehicle and opportunities for continuing education
Submit an application in person at the Mobile County Personnel Board located at 1809 Government Street or apply online at PersonnelBoard.org.
This page is available to subscribers. Click here to sign in or get access.
It looks like you are opening this page from the Facebook App. This article needs to be opened in the browser.
iOS: Tap the three dots in the top right, then tap on "Open in Safari".
Android: Tap the Settings icon (it looks like three horizontal lines), then tap App Settings, then toggle the "Open links externally" setting to On (it should turn from gray to blue).