Jeremy Milling with Milling Commercial Realty reported that an 8,000-square-foot site at 3450 Georgia Pacific Ave. in Mobile, formerly the home of Harrington Industrial Plastics, has been acquired by Pittsburgh-based Matthews International Corp., a national manufacturer of cemetery products. Allen Garstecki and Guy Oswalt with JLL worked for the tenant. Milling represented Harrington Industrial Plastics in the sublease transaction.
• Robert Cook with Vallas Realty Inc. reported the sale of a 5,515-square-foot property at 11 Midtown Park E. to local investors for $595,000. The buyers plan to lease the space to Saybolt, a subsidiary of Core Laboratories, and will move into the space in early November. Saybolt services the energy industry with laboratory analyses, independent field inspections, and monitoring and verification programs.
• Pratt Thomas with Merrill P. Thomas Co. Inc. reported Carfinders Auto Outlet sold its lot at 85 N. Schillinger Road in Mobile to another local auto dealer for $617,500, and relocated to 4280 Industrial Parkway in Saraland. Thomas worked for the seller; Shabbir Hossain with Nexthome Star Real Estate represented the buyer in the transaction.
• Local investors purchased a two-acre commercial lot in front of Winged Foot subdivision on County Road 64 in Daphne for $250,000. The buyers plan to develop the property into offices, including the future office home of Elite Real Estate Solutions. Geoff Lane of Katapult Properties represented the sellers; Angie Fagan and Rachel Romash of Elite Real Estate Solutions worked for the buyers.
• Pete Riehm with NAI Mobile reported that Riverview, Florida-based Reliable Transmission Service has acquired a 14,500-square-foot property on 2.1 acres for $687,000. The site is situated at 5565 Todd Acres Drive near the Tillman’s Corner area of West Mobile. This will be the company’s first foray into the local area, with an expected opening this month.
• Ameriprise Financial Services Inc. is leasing a 1,737-square-foot office space at 4332 Boulevard Park S. in Mobile. Jill Meeks with Stirling Properties represented the landlord; Joey Betbeze with Betbeze Realty worked for the tenant in the transaction.
• Mattress by Appointment is leasing a 2,500-square-foot retail space in Plaza North Shopping Center, at 3 West Nine Mile Road in Pensacola, with plans to open by the first week of October. Jack Conger and Jason Scott with Stirling Properties in Mobile managed the transaction on behalf of the landlord.
• Some 5,500 square feet of office space and a 6,000-square-foot workshop on 2.3 acres at 5975 Rangeline Road in Mobile were recently leased to Houston-based U.S. Environmental Services. The industrial services company plans to open by early October. Pete Riehm with NAI Mobile managed the transaction for the landlord.
Bellator announces promotion, new hires
Bellator Real Estate & Development has announced the promotion of David Horn as Eastern Shore agent manager. The office employs 50 agents handling the purchase and sale of properties along the Eastern Shore.
Horn brings nearly 10 years of real estate experience in both Mobile and Baldwin counties, ranging from residential and land sales to new construction neighborhood sales. He transitioned into real estate over eight years ago from careers in lending, financial sales and sales management.
Horn joined Bellator in 2013 as an agent and has worked as its relocation director for the past year. He will continue to serve in a relocation capacity as well as manage the day-to-day operations of the Eastern Shore office in his new role.
“We were fortunate to already have this caliber of an individual on our leadership team. We are glad to see him continue to grow within our company,” Troy Wilson, president of Bellator, said.
Bellator also hired nine new agents during July and August: Lauren Barker (Eastern Shore), Leigh Enzer (Eastern Shore), Mary Faust (Eastern Shore), Darla Scott (Eastern Shore), Gwen Brown (Fairhope), James Dean (Orange Beach), Mary Fran Hershiser (Orange Beach), Lisa Johnson (Orange Beach) and Gena Jayne (Orange Beach).
“As we continue to grow, we expand our reach with each new addition to the Bellator team,” Wilson said.
Wilkins Miller adding staff
Wilkins Miller LLC, an accounting and advisory firm with offices in Mobile and Fairhope, recently announced that Ben Murray, Mitchell Wolfe and Kate Welch have joined the professional staff. Additionally, Jamie Carag and Mackensie Coarsey have joined the firm’s administrative staff.
Murray graduated with a bachelor’s in accountancy from the University of Mississippi in 2016 and obtained a master’s in accounting from the University of South Alabama in 2017. He works primarily with the audit team.
Wolfe earned a bachelor’s in accounting from The University of Alabama with a specialization in professional accounting. He joins the accounting staff, working primarily with the tax group.
Welch graduated with a bachelor’s in sports management from the University of South Alabama and joins the firm as a consultant.
Carag received a bachelor’s in biology from Northwestern State University, while Coarsey earned a bachelor’s in psychology from Auburn. Carag and Coarsey will provide support to various areas of the firm.
Locally founded and owned, Wilkins Miller has practiced in the Mobile Bay region more than 50 years. The company has specialties in financial reporting, tax, litigation, valuation, cost segregation, outsourced accounting, business consulting and information technology consulting. More information about the firm can be found on its website.