Born without arms or legs, Nick Vujicic overcame his disabilities to live an independent, rich, fulfilling and “ridiculously good” life while serving as a role model for anyone seeking true happiness. Now an internationally successful motivational speaker, Nick eagerly spreads his central message: the most important goal is to find your life’s purpose and to never give up, despite whatever difficulties or seemingly impossible odds stand in your way. Nick will speak at Page and Palette’s 2nd Annual Bay of the Holy Spirit Jubilee scheduled for 6 p.m. Nov. 14 at the Christian Life Center (Fairhope UMC) in Fairhope, Alabama. Tickets to the event are $25 and include a copy of Nick’s latest book co-authored with his wife Kanae, “Love Without Limits.” Click here for ticket information.
In keeping with the message of hope in Nick’s debut bestseller “Life Without Limits: Inspiration for a Ridiculously Good Life,” Page and Palette announces the “Ridiculously Good Life” Essay Contest sponsored by Lagniappe. Participants will be asked to answer the question “What is your inspiration for a ridiculously good life?”
• Submissions must be 250 words or less.
• Essays will be judged by Pensters Writing Group. Since 1965, Pensters programs have educated as well as entertained writers, editors and readers with the goal of improving craftsmanship and promoting marketing of members’ works.
• Participants are required to submit a photo of themselves to be used on social media and other outlets.
• A winner will be chosen from each of the three categories: Adult (Age 21 and over), Young Adult (Ages 16-20), and Children (Ages 15 and under).
• Winners from each category will receive 2 tickets to the Bay Jubilee event, one copy of “Love Without Limits” and a t-shirt.
• Essays and photos should be emailed to Karin Wilson at email@example.com. Deadline for submission is Nov. 5.
• Winners will be notified prior to Nov. 14 and essays will be printed in Lagniappe. Winners will be recognized and asked to read their essays at the Bay Jubilee event.
For more information, contact Page and Palette at 251.928.5295 or www.pageandpalette.com.
About Page and Palette Bookstore
Page and Palette is a third-generation, locally-owned bookstore located in the heart of downtown Fairhope, Alabama. Since 1968, this local landmark has promoted a love of the written word. It hosts a wide variety of author events, from up-and-coming writers to best-selling celebrities. Page and Palette is known for its strong selection of literary fiction, a great collection of works by local and regional authors, as well as its popular coffee shop, Latte Da. For more information, contact Page and Palette at 251.928.5295 or www.pageandpalette.com.
This page is available to subscribers. Click here to sign in or get access.
It looks like you are opening this page from the Facebook App. This article needs to be opened in the browser.
iOS: Tap the three dots in the top right, then tap on "Open in Safari".
Android: Tap the Settings icon (it looks like three horizontal lines), then tap App Settings, then toggle the "Open links externally" setting to On (it should turn from gray to blue).