A ribbon-cutting and open house for the new student commons building at St. Paul’s Episcopal School, located at 161 Dogwood Lane in Mobile, was recently held at the school’s campus. The new site, which cost $8 million, will house a new student commons area, a new and expanded cafeteria, the innovations and technology lab, a writing center, the college counseling suite, a counseling suite, the admissions suite and meeting space for community events.
“The student commons campaign was the most ambitious schoolwide effort in St. Paul’s history,” Beth Tindle, St, Paul’s director of marketing and communications, said in a news release. “Based on assessments for our school, our immediate needs were to provide additional and upgraded facilities. Over the last several decades, St. Paul’s has largely focused our resources on enhancing our curriculum and retaining talented faculty. With this accomplishment we have shifted focus to faculty needs.”
• ABC Select Spirits, located at 6729 E. Spanish Fort Blvd. inside the Blakeley Square Shopping Center in Spanish Fort, has leased an additional 1,200 square feet of retail space, giving them 2,800 square feet dedicated toward remodeling efforts. Plans are in place to reopen in February. Matt Cummings with Cummings & Associates managed the transaction.
• CrowderGulf recently purchased two acres of land at Lot 6 inside Mobile Commerce Park. Plans are in place to relocate its office and warehouse facility space from Theodore later this year. CrowderGulf provides disaster recovery relief across the U.S., according to its website. Anna Gigicos Catranis of Roberts Brothers represented the buyers; Allan R. Cameron Jr. and John D. Peebles with NAI Mobile worked for the sellers. Several lots are still available within the park. For inquiries contact Niki Coker with NAI Mobile.
• The Athlete’s Foot recently leased some 4,059 square feet of space inside the St. Stephens Square Shopping Center at 2312 St. Stephens Road in Mobile. Matt Cummings with Cummings & Associates handled the transaction.
• Florida-based Faux Paws has leased some 1,600 square feet of retail space at The Wharf in Orange Beach. The retailer, which offers gifts for pets and pet owners, will be located in Suite N-100 on Main Street and plans to open in the spring. The new store will be the third Faux Paws location, in addition to stores in St. Augustine and Myrtle Beach. Jeff Barnes, broker associate with Stirling Properties, handled the transaction and is the listing agent on the property.
• New local owner Saty Putcha reported 7 Hills Storage, located at 12010 Airport Blvd. near the intersection with Newman Road, is reopening early this month with upgraded security. The building encompasses 7,000 square feet with 50 rental units and sits on approximately one acre of property.
• Bookkeeping business Cox Harris Associates has leased some 500 square feet of office space at Azalea Office Park, located at 572 Azalea Road in Mobile. Matt Cummings with Cummings & Associates managed the transaction.
Spa at Beau Rivage recognized in ‘Top 100’
The Spa at Beau Rivage in Biloxi was recently recognized by Spas of America as one of its “Top 100 Spas,” ranked at 52 for 2018. The listing includes 73 spas from the U.S., 17 from Canada, four from Mexico and one each from the Bahamas, Brazil and Costa Rica.
Spas of America is a popular spa and wellness travel website that annually ranks the Top 100 Spas based on page views and consumer choices aggregated on its search engine.
“In 2018, we continued to see growth in the North American spa and wellness industry, with increased visits and revenue,” Spas of America President Craig Oliver said. “Spa and wellness consumers in the United States, Canada and Mexico understand wellness benefits their lives — by reducing stress, promoting relaxation and increasing well-being.”
The Spa and Salon at Beau Rivage, which employs 70, is located on the second floor of the hotel tower and encompasses some 20,000 square feet. It has 14 massage rooms, five facial treatment rooms, two pedicure rooms, five manicure stations, six stylist stations, a workout facility and separate vanity areas for men and women with steam, sauna and whirlpool amenities.
“Being recognized as one of North America’s favorite spas is a great achievement for Beau Rivage and the Mississippi Gulf Coast. It is an honor to be ranked among these many prestigious spas,” Beau Rivage Spa Director Sara Chatham said.
Named one of the “South’s Best Resorts” by Southern Living magazine, MGM Resorts International’s AAA Four Diamond beachfront resort features 1,740 guest rooms and suites, nine restaurants and an 85,000-square-foot gaming area, including Mississippi’s first sports book. The resort also has a 1,550-seat theater, shopping promenade and golf course.
Wilkins Miller announces staff additions
Wilkins Miller, LLC, with offices in both Mobile and Fairhope, recently announced additions to its staff. New hires at the locally owned accounting and advisory firm include Hayley Carlton, Patrick Fisher, Willa Lyle, Jerri Kissel and Blaine Baronet.
Carlton joined the firm as an administrative student worker in 2016. After receiving her bachelor’s degree in business administration with a concentration in marketing from the University of South Alabama, she joins the marketing team as a full-time marketing assistant.
Fisher also joined the firm as an administrative student worker in 2017, then became full time while earning an integrated bachelor’s and master’s degree in business administration from the University of Mobile. He joins the accounting staff, working primarily with the audit team.
Lyle and Kissel each bring more than 20 years of accounting experience to the team. They both join the accounting staff, working primarily with the tax team.
Baronet joined the firm in 2015 as an administrative student worker before transitioning to the Wilkins Miller Information Technology team full time as a help desk solutions provider.
Wilkins Miller specializes in financial reporting, tax, litigation, valuation, cost segregation, client accounting, business consulting and information technology consulting. More information about the firm can be found on its website.
This page is available to subscribers. Click here to sign in or get access.
It looks like you are opening this page from the Facebook App. This article needs to be opened in the browser.
iOS: Tap the three dots in the top right, then tap on "Open in Safari".
Android: Tap the Settings icon (it looks like three horizontal lines), then tap App Settings, then toggle the "Open links externally" setting to On (it should turn from gray to blue).