A day after early morning joggers and bikers were indiscriminately targeted by an unidentified man wielding a BB gun, police in Mobile apprehended the suspect — a 21-year-old man from Citronelle with a history of criminal mischief.

According to reports received by the Mobile Police Department, a man in the area of McGregor Avenue and Hillwood Road was shot once in the face by a BB gun.

The assault, which occurred around 5:50 a.m. Tuesday morning, damaged one of the victim’s teeth, though he was able to describe his assailant’s vehicle — a black or gray pickup truck.

A man reported being struck by a bb gun near the intersection of McGregor Avenue and Hillwood Road in an apparent assault May 17. (Google)

Shortly afterward, a woman near the area of the first attack saw the same vehicle on Springhill Avenue while she was riding her bicycle just before 6 a.m.

When she felt two unknown objects strike her in the back and in her cycling helmet, she noticed the dark-colored vehicle driving away from the scene.

However, it’s reported that one of the victims or someone in the area was able to identify the license plate number on the suspect’s vehicle, and police arrested Wyatt Newburn, 21 of Citronelle, on Wednesday, May 17, in connection with the assaults.

Wyatt Newburn, 21 of Citronelle, was arrested May 17 in connection to two random assaults with a bb gun. (Mobile County)

At the Mobile County Metro Jail, Newburn was booked and charged with several violations of his current probation, as well as two counts of second-degree assault, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.

According to jail records, Wednesday’s arrest was not even Newburn’s first trip to Metro this month, as he was charged with contempt of court on May 2.

In late March, he was arrested and charged with second-degree criminal mischief, burglary, possession of drug paraphernalia and a number of probation violations — likely from previous arrests in 2016 or the year before that.

None of the victims of Wyatt’s BB gun attacks were serious injured, though the first victim was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.